Sound effects (tinnitus) – disturbance of the amplitude of the inner ear hairs that transform sound waves into electrical pulses, is perceived in the range from mosquito beeping to noise that resembles the distant sound of a sea surf. This condition is not a disease, but a symptom of other diseases. It is called “tinnitus” in medical literature.
Perception of noise is divided into subjective (imaginary) – hears only a person and objective, is perceived by an otoscope (heard by a doctor). According to the way sound vibrations are formed: not vibratory – irritation of the hearing aid – subjective perception; vibratory – sounds are emitted by the inner ear.
Why is there noise in the ears?
The causes of sound background as a symptom of impaired hearing aid activity:
- Sulfur plugs – quiet, monotonous noise without focusing at one point, similar to the sound of a surf. The cork rests on the eardrum – low frequencies, focusing at one point, when the head is tilted it is divided into 2 parts.
- Swelling – noise as if flowing along smooth lines in 2-3 ranges, a slight ringing may occur.
- Exudative otitis – distortion of sounds, ringing and noise in 2 bands. This also applies to eustachiite.
- Water penetration: if there is a lot of metal salts – barely audible, squeaky tinnitus, clay admixtures – noise – periodic clicks, mainly when turning the head.
- Labyrinthitis – a humming noise.
- Decompression – floating noise effects with flowing noise.
- Otosclerosis – quiet monotonous noises.
- Acoustic injuries – constant low-frequency hum.
Other diseases. Spinal artery syndrome – it rings piercingly, monotone. Internal cerebral hydrocephaly: deep saturated noise, possible thunder; high intracranial pressure – smooth, quiet. Fatigue, low or increased hemoglobin, reduced immunity – noise increases during mental activity, physical activity. Taking antidepressants, narcotic and psychotropic drugs, schizophrenia, chemical poisoning – ringing obsessively, possible sensory hallucinations (in the background as if indistinctly spoken by an osprey, perhaps splitting the speaker’s voice). Inflammation of the auditory and or facial nerve – squeak. At high temperature – constant complex noise effects.
Cervical colds, fragility of vessels – sound effects are unpredictable. Head traumas – low monotone hum. Oxygen deprivation – quiet humming. Constriction of veins and arteries of the cervical system – volatile noise. Thyroid dysfunction – the effects are unpredictable. Diabetes mellitus – mainly a rapidly rising and falling noise of low tone. At a wasp bite, after a long allergic reaction – piercing, loud, high-frequency ringing.
How will you get rid of noise and tinnitus?
Why tinnitus can only be determined by an otolaryngologist based on diagnostic results. Collecting anamnesis includes systematization of complaints not only about noise effects, but also about other manifestations. Only a thorough diagnosis can help identify one or more causes of auditory discomfort. After treatment, the symptom will pass by itself.
Only an otolaryngologist should remove the sulfur plug. Medications and candles lead to perforation of the eardrum, irritation and swelling of the skin in the auditory canal, the deposition of sulfur on the walls. Lore makes saline washing, the pressure of the jet is selected according to the age of the patient. The condition of the hearing aid is taken into account.